Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blog Reflection:
Well, this assignment has turned out to be much better than I anticipated that it would be. At first I really was uncertain and nervous about this assignment because I really didn’t know very much about blogging and stuff such as facebook and myspace. I never have really been fascinated with that kind of stuff, and to be honest felt that it was childish and stupid. But after finally working with it enough and learning how to use it, I actually find it to be very functional and easy to use. I also have decided that a blog of this type is also very practical if used as an educational blog to share ideas and experiences with others in the education field. I was also encouraged to see that most of my fellow classmates of the MAT program have experienced some of the same types of issues and struggles that I have, and that we can share them so that others can have some ideas, suggestions, etc. to help make things better or easier for them.
I can see the benefits of having and maintaining a blog such as this could have on your classroom and with your students. There are many advantages that you could utilize with this blog that could really promote and infuse great technology into your classroom. The only dilemma that I experienced with maintaining a blog was the fact that access to it has been limited for me. My school blocks all websites like this, so I haven’t been able access it while at school. As a result, I haven’t had the opportunity to share it with my students, which is awful because I would really like to expose them to this type of technology and to have an active role in the blog. I also had problems with my computer, which crashed on me, so I have had to gain access from other computers to finish out this semester, and that also limited the amount of time I could find to access my blog, but I am back on now and plan on making continual efforts of improving my blog to make it the best that I can.

No comments: